Saturday, September 11, 2010

The Lovely Bones (review) and a little bit more


Just watched the movie The Lovely Bones  I really liked it. 

Susie Salmon ( yes like the fish) was murdered. This is the story of her life, not really the story of her life here on earth, but about her life after she died. 

I don't really want to tell anymore of what happen in risk of spoiling anything. 

I am definitely going to be reading this book, I need to catch up on my reading. I was doing well for about a week or so and have slipped a little with reading, I think it's cause some of the books on my list to read haven't been catching my attention right now. I think I might return them to the library and try them at another time, and try others on my list. Who knows the books that I can't get into now that I've currently started I might be able to finish later.


I highly recommend this movie though. At times I did find myself gripping my skin in wonder and hope that the things I wanted to happen would happen. There is no blood, and not much suspense but I still felt that way. Maybe I was trying to connect with Susie? I think the acting was really good in this movie as well. A lot of vivid colors used, I love it when colors are used. They can mean a lot in a movie. In Suspiria an Italian horror film from director Dario Argento. Even though Suspiria is a horror film there's not a lot of blood ( there is some though) but most of the movie colors are used to express he mood. I know its not the same color effects as in The Lovely Bones  but the brightness in the afterlife scenes were nice. 

Have you scene this movie? If so please tell me what you think. Oh you cal tell me what you think of Suspiria if  you've seen that as well. any comments will be appreciated.

thanks

- alex

curretnly listening to: Anberlin - Impossible - dark is the way light is a place
eating : nothing teeth are brushed for evening
drinking: again nothing teeh are still brushed


No comments:

Post a Comment